Question
Posted by: Angela | 2003/12/03

cemen drips out

Hello Doc

After we had sex I went to the toilet and found that all the cum was dripping out. That is so weird. I am worried that I would not be able to fall pregnant if that keeps on happening. Is it normal? And if so, what can we do to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks so much
Angela

If a man ejaculates into a woman's vagina, without using a condom, yes, semen as well as vaginal fluids trickle out. Semen is no exception to the rule, "What goes up, must come down."

While it may be practical to make a dash for the bathroom, if you have sex in bed, you can let the fluids drip onto the sheets (commonly known as the "wet spot"). You can also have a soft towel nearby, which you can use to sensuously dry each other after sex. Either way, the two of you can stay where you are, allowing yourselves to enjoy one another and relax — you'll just have some extra things to add to the wash.

If you are uncomfortable with the dripping feeling after intercourse, you can use a mini-pad (typically used during menstruation) on your underwear to absorb the semen. Or, you can prevent the seeping sensation by using condoms. As an alternative to latex, you can try polyurethane female condoms for a change, or lambskin condoms (although they do not protect against STIs) as they provide a more natural sensation. Condoms can be especially useful for the times when you don't want to experience this "wetness" after having sex.

If you plan on becoming pregnant in the future,you can increase the likelihood of the semen staying longer in the vagina. For example, when you have sex with your partner, try it with you on your back and your partner on top. Then afterwards, your knees can remain up, so that your vagina stays full of semen. If you would be more comfortable, try placing pillows under your knees to help prop up your hips. (This is something you can practice at a time when you are not having intercourse.)

It makes sense to talk with a gynaecologist, obstetrician, or midwife for pre-pregnancy planning. In addition, you can ask her/him for any other suggestions s/he may have to increase the likelihood of pregnancy.

Good luck!

4
Posted by: Opgevoed | 2003/12/03

It is quite normal. We have been married for 20 yrs - my cum dripping out of my wife worried me a lot untill I got the courage to ask my GP - "quite normal" he replied. Now we have 3 beautiful kids, have sex regularly and the cum is still driipping out. Nothing to worry about, enough remains behind to impregnate u. ENJOY

Reply to Opgevoed
Posted by: kingpin | 2003/12/03

Maybe your B/friend has too much cum on one time. I would not think loosing some of the Gummy Bear juice would be a problem.

Reply to kingpin
Posted by: gentleman | 2003/12/03

First of all - empty your bladder before intercourse so that you don't have to go directly afterwards. This gives you the opportunity to stay on your back. If it is your intention to fall pregnant elevate your hips so that the semen doesn't leave your body.

Reply to gentleman
Posted by: C | 2003/12/03

The solution is simple. Don't go to the toilet.

Reply to C