Question
Posted by: Karin | 2007/06/10

cellulite

I like so many other women have some cellulite, not terribly bad but its there when you cross your legs etc. What I would like to know does exercise like spinning which I do 4 times a week for 45 mins and taibo which I do once a week for 50 mins help to rid one of cellulite ? I have only been doing these exercises since the beginning of march and must say I feel the positive difference but the legs could do with a lot more toning. I am 42. Do you also think these exercises would help with that excess fat on the tummy ? I am 6 feet tall and regarded as slim but that tummy area !

Dear Karin
I have written an article on cellulite which you can access by clicking on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles and reading article 137 "The Lowdown on Cellulite". Doing your targeted exercises may help, but it is important to persevere. The spinning will definitely help for the legs. If you want to also firm your tummy, you need to add tummy tightening exercises like sit-ups to your exercise regimen. There are certain products that also help for cellulite. You can contact Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes.