Question
Posted by: Melissa Fourie | 2007/12/18

Celiac Disease

My mother suffers from Celiac Disease and currently is literally wasting away - she weights only 42kg. Is there a specialist in Gauteng that can assist her with this disease. I know it is a relatively new disease in South Africa but I really hope that you will be able to assist me. The specialist she is currently with is unable to help her with her weight loss (her food is not being absorbed by her body). Thank you

Dear Melissa
She needs to be with a gastroenterologist that specializes in this : try and find out from the Gastroenterologist foundation of SA if there is one in Gauteng:
Karin Fenton
P O Box 13241
Mowbray 7705
South Africa
Tel: (+27) (21) 404 3062
(9am-2pm)
Fax: (+27) (21) 447 0582
email: karin.fenton@uct.ac.za