Question
Posted by: Julie | 2005/07/13

ceasar

I had a ceasar before. Once a ceasar always a ceasar?

No, not necessarily. You would have to be assessed to see if normal birth is an option.

3
Posted by: CC1 | 2005/07/14

Hi Julie,

I had an emergency caesar with my first even though I really wanted a natural birth. When I fell pregnant with the second I discussed this with my doc and he said that it is very possible to have a normal birth depending on the weight of the baby closer to the time. Obviously if the baby is too big there is a chance of rupturing the tissue where your previous scar is as they usually cut very low. So I was not able to plan eitherway until I would have been near the end of the pregnancy to see baby's size.

Reply to CC1
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/14

no, if you google VBAC (vaginal birth after caeser) you can find out more. I know many docs dont agree as there is a risk of tearing. But a lot does depend on the cut. My gynae said the way I was cut I will have to have a planned c section next time

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/13

Hi Julie

No, I've read that depending on the kind of cut you had you could have natural. Also, it depends why you had the caeser in the first place. If it's because of the shape of your pelvis or if you're quite small, then you might have to have a caeser again.

If I may ask, what was the reason for the caeser?

Reply to Tina