Question
Posted by: nunus | 2004/11/09

ceasar

how long do u stay in bed after ceasar

About 3 days in hospital, but you start mobilising the same day.

3
Posted by: Norma | 2004/11/09

I had myne at 10.a.m and had to get up at 6.p.m, the sooner you get up the better.
It's not that bad...

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/11/09

I went through 3 and I am still amazed how quickly the body recovers from this major surgery.
The first day you think that you are close to death, but miracously the next day you feel better. They normally tell you to get up 24 hours after surgery. Day 3 I am usually on the top of the world, washing hair etc. You are in bed these 3 days during your hospital stay.
When you get home, you hit reality and everything starts to hurt from the beginning. You are also much more active, no nurses to change baby and prepare the feeds!!
By day 10, I felt that I was about over the worst and the wound looked much better, also the stiches and staplers are out by then.
Six weeks for your wound to heal on the outside but internal stitches only disolves at about 8-10 weeks. So be carefull not to hurt yourselve, eventhough you think that you are ok. I got an infection from the wound going open- only a teany bit, by moving furtniture aroun - stupid!!

Tips:
Buy tight granny panties to wear the first 6 weeks. Especially for the first 3 days as this helps to keep everything together so to speak. You will have a flabby tummy and your pad needs to be kept securely in place! Hurts much less when everything is tightly fitted together :-)
Secondly, you will have alot of phlem (spelling) when recovering the first and second day - you will want to cough and believe me, nothing hurts so much!! Keep a pillow handy and press it lightly on your stomach when you have the urge to cough - hurts less.
I think this is about it from the queen of ceasars - take care and sincerely hope you enjoy the experience !!! :-)

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/11/09

The sooner you are able to get up and move around the better. I had a ceaser with my first born and the nurses told me to move around the very next day. This helps the wound to heal quicker. Obviously now picking up of heavy things etc. It takes about 6 weeks to heal, but you are not confined to your bed.

Reply to Jj@