Question
Posted by: Lumka | 2005/11/24

CD4 counts

i' ve checked my CD4 and viral load they came back 217 CD4 & 5019 viral load. im not on any treatment and i havent got any problem, im still like a normal person. Howz my status, is it very bad. what can i do to boost my CD4 count?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Lumka!

Your CD4 count is nearly at the level where ARV treatment is indicated. (ARV treatment usually starts when the CD4 count falls to 200).

Apart from a healthy diet and treating any opportunistic infections immediately and properly, you could consider immune-boosting supplements such as garlic and African Potato. I also believe that a positive attitude towards life goes a long way towards promoting physical health.

I don't know enough about you to make more specific reccomendations. If you have not yet done so, do consider building up a good relationship with a supportive counsellor and a profficient medical practitioner to follow you up.

Stay well!
Laurent

1
Posted by: forward | 2005/11/29

try AG

Reply to forward