Question
Posted by: Wonder | 2004/10/26

CD4 count

I have been positive for ten years and ever since I can remember my CD4 has always been the same, after very test. How is that possible? What affects it?

Expert ImageArchive

This is more a question for the AIDS/HIV forum. It most probably indicates that you are in a stable state as far as your infection is concerned. What is your viral load doing at the same time; staying more or less the same?

2
Posted by: SickOne | 2004/11/19

You also need to monitor the amount of infection in your cells by means of the tests available. Viralload test would indicate this clear.
10yrs your system is coping well considering that your CD4 has been the same.
Good Luck!

Reply to SickOne
Posted by: Sello | 2004/11/02

CD4 counts can stay stable for a long period in an HIV + person.

Reply to Sello