Question
Posted by: anxious | 2007/08/01

CD

CD

Hope you had a nice break. Nice to have you back!

My leg seemed to manage the trip to C/T fine - and seems to be ok at the moment, but I guess that's largely to do with the fact that I am perservering with the necessary treatment! Wonderful weather - strong gale force winds with torrential rain the whole week, apart from the odd few hours where the sun came out, but that was NOT a lot! But it was beatiful just seeing that scenery!

I am curious to see what my surgeon says when I go back beg Nov and he upgrades my stocking to Grade III! Is that the final change or will there be more changes of my stocking? I am guessing he waited for the swelling to settle before changing the grading, is that right?

One other thing, I continue to get a bloodied nose when blowing it (no, I am not doing it hard, I don't think anyway!) - the chemist says its to do with the dryness. My question is I bought the Illiadin saline soultion again yesterday that my ENT gave me after my sinus op. Will this help or do I need to do something else? I am using my humidifier, but am a bit lazy at times in not using it some nights!

Have a good week and PLEASE put in a prayer for some desperately needed rain!!

Thanks for the help.

Dear Anxious
The weather seems haywire - half the country is burning down and the other half is drowning! But the Cape is beautiful anyway!
I think he will decide on the grading of the stocking that gives you the best results with the least discomfort. Are you still walking regularly?
The blood in the nose can be due to a dry nose mucous membrane and saline solution will definitely help. One also gets a homeopathic nasal oil that you will probably find at health shops to keep the membranes moist. Unless you have infection I don't think you will need more.