Question
Posted by: anxious | 2007/05/06

CD

CD

Thanks for the reply. So far its not nearly as uncomfortable as I expected it to be. As I said, its just a pain to put on and take off, but I guess I will have to get used to that, as I will have to have it for the rest of my life as my surgeon said. They cost R570 each, but fortunately Discovery seem to be paying for most of it. I have to get a 2nd one (my surgeon said I must have 2 to alternate them) this coming week - they wanted me to wait to see how it fitted and it seems ok - I just hope I am putting it on right - it goes right up to the groin area and has a waist belt - I am struggling a bit with the velcro belt coming undone often, but I guess I just need to work out whether its too low or too high! I just can't walk that easily. I plan to go and talk to the Walk for Life people Thurs next week about signing up. During the weekend now that this has sunk in more, I am beginning to wonder if I am dealing with something far more serious than I thought I had.

Can my right leg really deteriorate? My surgeon said he really hopes my left leg doesn't develop the same problem.

Why isn't there surgery for this, i.e. to fix the lymph channels or something?!

I guess I will only know when I go back to him if it is working. I only have to go back in November. The pain, admittedly, is a bit better.

Have a good week.

HI Anxious
No there isn't much you can do operation wise. It can cause skin problems because of the increased pressure in the leg but that is why you are wearing the stockings ...