Question
Posted by: anxious | 2007/04/14

CD

CD

Wouldn't a lymhpodoema problem make sense, i.e. right from the beginning I always thought it seemed to be a blockage of some sort and they ruled out a vein/artery blockage problem right at the start with the venous doppler and venogram, but nobody has yet ruled out a "lymph blockage" problem?! Couldn't this now be finally in the right direction? I really hope so! In answer to your question, no nobody has said what might cause it, maybe I will find out at my consult! If this is the problem, how is it treated? With surgery? I mean if you have severe excess fluid, wouldn't they drain it or something like that?

Thanks for the help.

Dear anxious
One usually treats the cause but you can't really drain it in the real sense of the word as it is much like a sponge pulling in water - If the problem is a lymphnode or pressure on a lymph duct you can relieve this.