Question
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/28

CD

CD

My specialist physician said that my blood tests were all ok. He said it could be from the thin varicose vein I have in my left leg and before they consider surgery, he has instructed my gp to monitor the situation and let him know how the swelling is. He told me to go back to him (my gp) in 2 weeks but I was going for my blood test on 14/04 anyway. My gp is away for the whole of next week for the Pass Over and Easter weekend. Who knows, maybe it will be better by then, if not he has to let the specialist know! It would be 6 wks by then anyway!

Thanks for putting up with my queries and for the continuous offer of advice!

Dear anxious
If he thinks it may be vein related, wearing "travel stockings" may help - you'll find at chemists and travel shops.

2
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/28

Cornel

Thanks and thanks also for the support on the previous posting - I really laughed! I tend to ignore these troublemakers where I can!

It will be so nice to have HeartDoc back. Her job is obviously quite involved - but I guess it is important to do the job thoroughly and make sure its all correct!

Reply to anxious
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/03/28

Glad to hear that your bloodtests are okay!

Try to place your feet above your hip-level on a chair or something while watching TV/relaxing. That's the advice we get when we are pregnant and our feet are swollen. And a nice hot bath (and it's getting chilly at night) will also do wonders.

Take care!

Reply to Cornel