Question
Posted by: Blompot | 2005/12/10

CBT approach

Dear CS

I have a post grad in Psych so I feel so ignorant asking this question but what does the CBT approach/theory refer to?

Hi Blompot --- CBT is the abbreviation for the ONLY method of counselling for which there is growing good evidence of success and benefits that last, compared with old-fashioned analytic variants for which there has never ever been any good evidence of benefits. It stands for Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, a development from the earlier forms of behaviour Therapy, but dealing also with the cognitive / thinking aspects of our problems. You'd find it interesting to explore some of the more recent books on this topic, for therapists and also self-help books, as the methods are practical, simple and effective. I don't find it possible to recommend any other form of counselling / psychotherapy, as no other form has the evidence of effectiveness and cost-effectiveness, that CBT has

2
Posted by: nkosinati | 2005/12/12

i know that i am interested in pyschology as a subject (study) and specifically in CBT for myself purposes. But is there a list of CBT using therapists out there in the big cities of JHB, Cape Town?

Reply to nkosinati
Posted by: Jane1 | 2005/12/10

Blompot, check out the following site -
www dot cognitivetherapy dot com
Will answer your question in detail.

Reply to Jane1