Posted by: DS | 2009/08/20



My dh and I have a traumatic relationship due to his drinking etc. He has now started at AA and on Antabuse. Yet I still find myself angry and bitter at him. And constantly waiting for him to mess up. I love him and we have a child, I want to give my child a loving environment to blossom in.

My question is can CBT help me to move on and forget/forgive th past and help me learn to trust again. I have a vile mouth when ive been hurt and over time have also damaged the relationship with my words in retaliation to his actions... will CBT help me?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

OK, AA and Antabuse are p[robably a good start. Check out the local abailability of Al-Anon, an AA allied organization that provides advice and support for the family of alcoholics. CBT could certainly help in the ways you ask about ---to identify and test the usefulness of some of the assumptions and expectations you have forme,d and to try varying them.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.