Question
Posted by: sunrise | 2006/04/21

cay herpes?

My cat has a little spot right on her lip under her nose. It's a recent spot, dark in color, and almost looks like she busted her mouth. my mom joked it was herpes, but just curious, what is it??

Unfortunately it is impossible to tell what this little lesion could be. If it gets bigger or if persistent it may need attention, otherwise it might just disappear. Just keep an eye on it for a week or two and see your veterinarian if it really becomes a problem.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

2
Posted by: Chill | 2006/04/22

Sounds like a little pigmentation thing. If it isn't raised, or open like a wound or ulcer, then don't worry about it. If it's like a pimple, then the cat acne thing would apply...

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Blaah | 2006/04/21

It sounds like cat acne,

do you feed you cat in a plastic bowl?

Reply to Blaah