Question
Posted by: Sasa | 2005/12/05

Causes of miscarriage

I just had a miscarriage last Friday at 4 weeks pregnant. Can anyone tell me what causes miscarriage and how I can prevent it.

I agree with Tess. The chances of a successful pregnancy next time are very good.

1
Posted by: tess | 2005/12/05

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. You, like a lot of women, are looking for a reason to why this happens. There can be hundreds of reasons. The most common one (and I stand under correction) is just that the baby doesn't develop properly, something to do with chromosomes. Nothing you can do to prevent it.

Also, something which no one tells you when you fall preggies, is that 1 in about 4 women miscarry.

I really hope your next pregnancy will go well.

Reply to tess