Question
Posted by: Dee | 2004/02/14

Cause of a ganglion?

What is the cause of a ganglion?I have had one in my left hand about three months ago and now theres one in my right hand.The one in my left hand has been removed and I am going to remove the right one as well.It is really uncumfortable as it hurts when you bend the hand.

Dee, it basically is a bubble filled with fluid that has it origin from a joint or one of the tunnels that the tendons run through. It forms due to a weakness in the tissue that encapsulates a joint or a tendon. Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.