Question
Posted by: concerned mom | 2008/05/22

cause for concern?

My strong willed 3yr old daughter has been extremely temperamental for the last couple of days. I have been putting it down to her just "acting up" and being naughty. This morning when dropping her off at daycare, her teacher approached me and addressed her behaviour with me as she has had the same behaviour at school recently. This is not normal for her. Although strong willed, she is generally obedient, boisterous and very pleasant. Her teacher pointed out that she refused to eat anything at daycare yesterday and when they tried to feed her, she made herself sick. Is she just being naughty and going through a "testing the waters phase" or do i have geniune cause for concern.

I have already scheduled an appointment with my paediatrician.

Its really hard to tell without exchanging more questions and details than would be practical here. See what the paediatrician says after examining and assessing her ; and do return to the forum and let us know what he thinks and suggests

1
Posted by: another mom | 2008/05/23

children normal have different ways to react to change. did something change in her life. if not during her time with you, then with someone else. she could be reacting that something that was said, done, or an experience that she didnt like

Reply to another mom