Question
Posted by: Stephie | 2006/11/06

Cats Chin?

I have noticed on my cat and other cats that they tend to get black specks underneath their chins...what causes this and how can I stop it? The area is very sensitive to them and sometimes the skin is broken. My cat does not have fleas. Confused?

This is commonly known as feline achne and responds well to an antiseptic (Hibiscrub) was twice daily and the topical application of an antibiotic cream that you can get from your vet.

3
Posted by: Stephie | 2006/11/06

My cat has only ever eaten from a metal or ceramic bowl, but will try that ointment anyway. Thank you for your help :)

Reply to Stephie
Posted by: Purr | 2006/11/06

i agree with Buffs.It sounds like feline acne and they get it from eating out of plastic bowls.Get ointment from your vet and change to stainless steel/ceramic/glass bowls.

Reply to Purr
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/11/06

this can be feline acne. if he eats from a plastic bowl that could be the cause.

please some one correct me if im wrong, but i think the metal ones are best?

Reply to Buffs