Question
Posted by: AJ | 2008/01/29

CATS BOTHERING NEIGHBOURS

I really do hope that you can help. One of our neighbours is very distressed at the fact that our cats are soiling in his garden and entering his house. Is there anything I can do to stop my cats from using his garden as a toilet? Also, is there a spray that I could purchase that will stop the cats from wanting to enter his house?
Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately not even electrified fences can keep some cats out. There are high pitched noise deterrants available overseas to keep cats away especially from nesting birds etc. This may be useful here.

2
Posted by: charlene | 2016/07/11

My cat is entering a neighbours house because of the female cat there. Am I the only one responsable for sterilising my cat. Isnt she also partialy responsable for her cats not being sterilised???

Reply to charlene
Posted by: Traxy | 2008/01/30

Hi AJ,

Do you know why the cat goes into his house? Does he have cats also?
I had the same problem a while ago. My cat would go over because he was friends with one of my neighbour's cats.
you can try the following:
firstly, put a colar with a bell around your cat's neck. But it has to be one of those really really loud bells which you buy seperately at petshops or the vet.
Then you mix water, Eucalyptus essential oil, citronella essential oil and white vinigar in a spray bottle and give it to your neighbour.
He will then hear when the cat comes into the house and he can spray it. hopefully your neighbour is willing to work together.
You can also buy a Feliway Vaporizer from your vetshop and plug it into your home. It gives off "happy" hormones and hopefully your cat would feel more relaxed at home.
These are the things I tried. It took a couple of weeks, but my boy doesn't walk around so much anymore.
If your neighbour doesn't want to play along, you can buy the Persuader at large pet shops. Its an electric fence specifically designed for pets.

Good luck!

Reply to Traxy