Posted by: Cat | 2008/09/17

Cats and spraying

I have a problem with neighbourhood cats coming into my house when we' re not home and then fighting and spraying all over everything. I can' t keep all the windows closed as my own cat, a neutered male, needs an entry/exit for himself. Is there anything I can do or use to keep these cats away from my property?

Dear Cat

You can catch him and have him neutered. Don't tell anyone, you may get into trouble. The other options is to install a magnetic or infra red cat flap. The cat flap only opens for the cat with a magnet/signal on around its collar.

Posted by: E.S. | 2008/09/17

Ek het dieselfde probleem. My wyfie kat is ook reg gemaak, maar die dominerende mannetjie van die omgewing kom in en eet haar kos en spray teen die kaste en gordyne. Ek het die SPCA nou oorreed om traps te kom stel. Probeer ' n reë ling tref met die SPCA in jou omgewing.

Reply to E.S.