Question
Posted by: LeeB | 2007/08/03

Cats and Dogs what a blessing ...

Mieke came to us purely because she insisted. The jumped on my lap and refused to get off and stared at me with those "take me home" eyes ... who could resist. She was rescued off a dumpster as a 2 day old kitten in a black bag, but I am thankful that someone thought she was rubish, as she is the light in my life and they don't know what they are missing. She is my shadow and my little tail, where mom goes, Mieke goes.

Little Nougat with this white body and colour point face and legs also gave me one look with his ice blue eyes, and I was hoocked, line and sinker. He loves to kiss and I constantly have to watch, as he will sommer stick his tongue in your mouth to french kiss, but ug, his breath smells terrible so I rather resist.

Then there is Alex .... well what can I say. Alex is a basset and he is only 8 months old, and has already lightened my pocket with R10 000 due to lots and lots pebbels that he insists tastes better than food. I am now reduced to electric pet fencing and looking for stones every day, just incase the eukanuba is not enough food for thought. If thats not enough, his toys cost me a fortune as he also thinks its the best thing since sliced bread .... the more you can eat, the more mommy will buy.

Then there is Kayla, my SPCA pooch. She hates my cats with a passion and thinks they would make a leka snack, but these kitties are clever and they constantly tease her, but never get too close for comfort. Kayla was the most pathetic dog you have ever seen. She was ribs and eyes and no hair when I saw her in the kennel at the SPCA, but its her eyes that spoke to me. She had a very gentle way about her and I fell in love. She is now a fat little thing, with lots of hair and the most beautiful personality, and a bonus, she thinks she is Alex's mother, what a sight. Alex and Kayla have become inseperable, so much so, that when Alex had to stay at the vet for a couple of day, after again eating a stone, poor Kayla stopped eating .....

Just thought I would share my wonderful life with my pets. I don't care that I could have redone my kitchen by now with all the money spent on Alex and the gang. I would rather have my animals than a nice kitchen, they are my pride and joy, and I can't wait to go home in the afternoons to be with my babies.

O, how empty my life would be without my Alex, Kayla, Mieke and Nougat.

O, I almost forgot about Squeeck, the neigbours cat. He recently decided that my house was better than his .... he moved in and loves it soooooo.

Sounds like a happy family!

2
Posted by: Carol | 2007/08/03

Welcome ... the more animal lovers the better .. I love the name Nougat .

Reply to Carol
Posted by: ANOTHER MOMMY | 2007/08/03

I LOVED YOUR PIECE - SOUND LIKE MY HOME. I HAVE AN 11 YEAR OLD JESSY, TOTALLY BLIND BUT STILL PLAYS; MY BABY IS A MINIATURE SCHNAUZER/JACK RUSSEL GABI.SHE IS THE MOST WONDERFUL ANIMAL AND TOO CLEVER FOR HER OWN GOOD. MY SPCA SPECIAL IS LOUISE, THELMA UNFORTUNATELY DID NOT MAKE IT, AND HAS THESE SOULFUL EYES THAT SPEAK TO YOU.THE CATS ARE AROUND AND EVERY NOW THERE IS A HISSING FIT BUT GENERALLY IT IS PEACEFUL. THE BEST TIME OF DAY IS WHEN I WALK INTO MY QUIET HOME WITH ONLY THE ANIMALS FOR COMPANY - WOULD NOT CHANGE IT FOR THE WORLD

Reply to ANOTHER MOMMY