Question
Posted by: CS | 2006/04/18

Cat's gestation period - how lang is too long?

How long after my cat's "due date" to give birth should I start worrying if nothing have heppened yet? It's a Persian and it's her first litter.

If your cat has shown any signs of pushing, and it is not successful she should be taken to the better. The gestation period can vary by about five days, so counting the days is not all that accurate. Look for signs of unsuccessful pushing or nesting. Obviously, if she gets to her due date and within a day or two thereafter nothing is happening, also take her to your veterinarian for examination.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

1
Posted by: Mina_moo | 2006/04/19

Hi CS!I know how you feel,it's almost like having youre first baby,one feel so stupid,lol.My persian had her first litter on the 22/02/06 and yes everything seems so new.You are welcome to mail me at berniefourie at ananzi dot co dot za,maybe I could give you my number then we can exchange tips etc.Good luck.

Reply to Mina_moo