Question
Posted by: Cat-Lover-Deluxe | 2007/05/07

CAT VOMITING, BUT IT'S NOT FUR-BALLS

Good day,

One of my cats has been vomiting ±once every day since Friday. He is not bringing up fur balls, but food only, theres no blood in his vomit either. Apart from that he seems fine. He still plays and runs etc.

I was wondering if there is anything in his diet that I should change.

He gets Epol dry food during the day (this is allways available for him) and at night he gets tinned meat at the same time every day. He also has a unlimited amount of catnip available, which he eats, but he's not in there constantly like some of the other cats.

Could this be normal and nothing to worry about? I kow that some cats do this after eating dry cat food and it does not necessarily needs to be treated.

I realise that there may be a lot of reasons for his vomiting, if there is any advice or serious reasons for this, please let me know.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

Cat-lover-deluxe.

Please feed him small meals regularly and keep the catnip away for a few days. Is the food that he brings up in a sausage shape or is it partly digested and watery?

2
Posted by: Corné | 2007/05/07

Hi Cybervet, why do you ask if its in a sausage shape?
What does that mean? I'm asking because my cat does this occationally but there's no hair in, only (what looks like) undisgested cat-food.. Is this normal or do I need to worry?

Reply to Corné
Posted by: cat-lover-deluxe | 2007/05/07

The vomit is watery / sloppy.

Thanks.

Reply to cat-lover-deluxe