Question
Posted by: Jinx | 2006/07/29

cat urinates in bath

My cat (she's now 5 months) urinates in the bath. Why does she do this? Her catsand is always available and always clean.

Some cats prefer to urinate in the bath. You may find this amuzing but it is possible to train the cat to sit on the edge of the toilet seat and use the loo instead. Let us know how you get on!

4
Posted by: Chinta | 2006/07/31

My one cat starting doing this when she had kidney stones. Sadly she needed to be put down so I'd take your furbaby to the vet ASAP!

Reply to Chinta
Posted by: Melbalina | 2006/07/31

Hi Jinx. Then I would suggest taking her to the vet. I always say, any change in usual behaviour could be their way of telling you something is wrong.

Reply to Melbalina
Posted by: jinx | 2006/07/29

Thank you melbalina. But my cat has been using her litter box all the time. She has now only recently urinated in the bath on two seperate occasions.

Reply to jinx
Posted by: Melbalina | 2006/07/29

Hi Jinx. Perhaps she doesn't like the cat sand you are using - maybe change it for the fine sand if you aren't using this and put it by the bath. When cats are kittens, some of them battle for a few months to use the tray properly. But I always say to be on the safe side, take her to the vet to check her out.

Reply to Melbalina