Question
Posted by: Buffs | 2007/02/22

Cat Snores

hi

I have a little problem with my cat Bobby (cerebellar hypoplasia and deaf). He sleeps on his back with his front legs stretched out behind his head and he snores.

What causes him to snore? Could he have a blocked nose or something? Should this worry me? is it just because he sleeps on his back ?

The snoring is probably due to his soft palate that has fallen into his nasopharynx when he is on his back. The air flowing past it with cause it to "flap" and hence the snoring sound. It shouldn't be a problem.

2
Posted by: Buffs | 2007/02/23

he sleeps like that all the time.

You shoul;d see him at bed time its like OK Assume the position then he flops onto his back arms straight out and hes out like a light.

Too cute really

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: jax | 2007/02/22

Haha! Can just picture that!!
It probably is the position Buffs, most guys snore more when they lie on their backs. Obviously Bobby just wants to be a regular kind of guy....
Still giggling!

Reply to jax