Question
Posted by: natalie | 2010/04/16

Cat ran over stove

Hi there,

My one year old short haired house cat ran over a stove and has burned his front left paw. I took a look at it and some of the skin seems to have broken, and I can see some reddish pink flesh underneath... should i put some bactroban on it and try to bandage it up (my guess is that he''ll just pull it off), or should i take him to the vet, just leave it to heal etc..

thanks for your help!

Dear Natalie

You can put bactroban on twice daily and see how things go, should heal without a problem

3
Posted by: Jane | 2010/04/20

Ya, our cat stepped on a hot welding iron once. He had the same but we also out on bactriban and it healed well.

Reply to Jane
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/17

Dear Natalie

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: boomsie | 2010/04/16

shame. poor thing,
i guess you can put bactroban on, but dont just leave it like that, dont want him to loose his paw... or take him to vet, he can help you.

Reply to boomsie