Question
Posted by: Robi | 2008/01/24

Cat problem - Diarrhoea

I need advise and help. My one cat has recently had diarrhoea of note shortly after having kittens. We took her to the vet who treated her and advised us that we should feed her chicken to settle her stomach, and give her a quarter imodiuam. Recently she has had an out burst again and now even the kitten has this problem and its just passed over to the other kitten too.

They dripping everywhere.

Please could you advise what can be done to help settle their stomachs and try sort this problem out.

The cause must be determined and treated because stopping the diarrhoea can cause further problems. Please have your vet examine a faecal sample to determine the best treatment for both cat and kittens.

3
Posted by: Carol | 2008/01/25

the kitties can have a tablet every second day.

The idea with this is to boost the immune system. I find it very effective ... I lost two kittens last year with a similar sounding virus and the above regime sorted it out very quickly.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Robi | 2008/01/24

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the advise. Will get this done ASAP. Her kitten is now 8 weeks old, but I have 2 other kitties which afre now 16 weeks.

Reply to Robi
Posted by: carol | 2008/01/24

sounds like a nasty bug that doesnt want to "bug " off.

Disinfect everything with a bleach solution and start her on a regime of 1 moducare (available at clicks) tablet once daily.

How old are the kittens ??? there is a special formulated food for kittens with upset tummies .. available at the vet ..... and mom cat can have that too.

Make sure you keep her enviroment spotless including litter tray.

Reply to carol