Question
Posted by: Dandan | 2006/04/18

Cat peeing everywhere!

Please help! MY cat is nearing 19 years old and although she is extremely healthy and resembles more of a kitten than a geriatric cat...she has started to pee in the house.
It has only been in the past week, but it really smells and we have a cat box in the kitchen for her which she uses and the windows are always open.
I don't know why she is doing it but my house now smells terrible. And she's not fussy either....twice on the carpet in the lounge, one in a pot plant and once on my boyfriends just-washed jeans!
What can i do to stop her? We also have a cat flap which she knows how to use, but for some reason won't.
She knows she's done wrong cause when we are cleaning it up and pointing fingers at her she gets very embarrased and looks ashamed!
I love her to pieces, but this has got to stop!
Any advice please?

Hi Dandan

Wow, that is a fantastic age. I would suggest you take your kitty to the vet. Sometimes they might look healthy from the outside, but cats are very intelligent and would try and tell us that something is wrong by doing what you just explained. They could suffer from a cystitis or some kidney stones or diabetes. Have a health check done first and from there you could look at behavioural side or things.
Please notify me if you have done so and still need help.

CDV
ANimal behaviourist

1
Posted by: jskr | 2006/04/19

she is probably trying to tell you there is something wrong...take her to the vet for a check up, could be bladder/urinary tract infection...

Reply to jskr