Question
Posted by: wannaknow | 2007/04/07

cat hair loss

I have a cat that has extreme hair loss right through the year, he does not like brushing and i have tried almost everything and he is white and his hair sticks to everything. What can i do?

Have you had him examined by your vet? If the cause can be found it may be treatable. Is it patchy and does the cat have areas where the hair is gone and down to raw skin?

1
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2007/04/07

Have you had your cat checked out by the vet? I would do so if I were you. There is also something called Mirracote which helps tremendously if the cat is lacking essential fatty acids etc. It is not expensive either. They are supposed to love it but I have found that not one of my cats that needed it, liked it. Maybe because they are all very fussy. I do brush and comb them and all of them love being brushed and combed. Do you use Frontline or Advantage for fleas/ticks? Sometimes hair loss is caused by fleas as well.

Good luck.

Reply to Cat Lady