Question
Posted by: Marietjie | 2007/02/19

cat ear tip curling backwards???

HI,
I have a 10 month old Siamese called Shakira. About 5 days ago I noticed that her one ear-tip is curling backwards like a rose pedal, I would rub it and make it straight, then it just curls back again. It looks very funny but I have never seen anything like that or heard of anything like that happening to a cat before?
What could be the cause? Is it something to worry about for it is definitely not normal?

This can happen if there has been some inflammation and healing resulting in some shrinking of the margin. Next time you are at your vet please ask them to look at the ear for you.

4
Posted by: Marietjie | 2007/03/02

Just want to let everybody know that my little Shakira's ear has gone back to normal again.....!
I am so glad..... LOL

Reply to Marietjie
Posted by: MARIETJIE | 2007/02/19

Dankie Di,
Maar nou is ek eers dronkgeslaan aangesien sy glad nie 'n oor infeksie gehad het hoegenaamd nie. Ek het gedink dit het iets te doen met die buite lyn van die oor (margin)maar was nie baie seker nie.
Die oortjie is ook glad nie sensitief nie, ek vryf dit en 'stryk' die oor reguit met my vingers en sy het geen probleem of skram weg of so iets nie.
Dit is vreemd. Ek het al my jare nog nooit sonder kat of hond gewees ooit nie en is stomgeslaan.

Dankie weer

Reply to MARIETJIE
Posted by: Di | 2007/02/19

Marietjie - ek dink hy bedoel dat soos die oor gesond raak (na 'n infeksie) krimp die buite lyne van die oor effens wat maak dat die oortjie buitentoe krul, dit klink nie vir my te ernstig nie, maar hou maar dop as jy sien dit bly sensitief oor 'n dag of twee, sal ek haar maar invat veearts toe as ek jy is.

Reply to Di
Posted by: marietjie | 2007/02/19

Should I take her to the vet as soon as possible?
Is this something that could be treated in otherwords? Will her ear go back to normal again if treated?
She did hurt her leg a few months ago and was treated with antibiotics and pain medication by the vet. She is left with a slight limping, could that have something to do with the ear then?
I am actually Afrikaans, I do not understand what you mean with 'shrinking of the margin'?

Reply to marietjie