Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2008/01/31

Cat doen't want to move

Hello

My cat usually wakes up at 6 a.m. and wants to eat immediately. Today she just didn't move. She has been hiding under my bed for hours now. Yesterday as I closed a door I think I hurt her. I didn't notice she was there (which is not normal because she moves like crazy the whole time and it's impossible not to notice her) and closed the door against her. It must have hurt but she didn't meow. This morning I thought she might have something broken, so I took her in my arms to examine her. She didn't want me to touch her and then jumped out of my arms again without a sound, which makes me think nothing is broken, because once she had a broken bone and she would meow every time I touched her.
So what has happened to her? She also had a fight with another cat yesterday. Could she be depressed? I touched her lips with a cookie to see her reaction (she always jumps onto my lap when I'm eating cookies) and she still didn't move.
I am extremely worried.

thank you.
Patrícia

Please take her to your vet to be examined.

3
Posted by: Carol | 2008/02/01

Off to the vet I think.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Carol | 2008/02/01

Isn't your cat perhaps a bit traumatized from the fight with the other cat yesterday? Perhaps she was feeling a bit nervous and when you closed the door she got a fright. Her nerves could be a bit on edge from the fight with the other cat.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Blaah | 2008/01/31

i would pack her in the car and take her to the vet just in case
you may of bruised a rib or cuased some injury
if you cat is not acting normally
rather take her to the vet to be on the safe side

good luck

Reply to Blaah