Posted by: Mommy | 2008/08/14

Cat cannot be alone

Hi there!

I am the proud mommy of a 6 year old Bombay black tom cat - had him since he was a kitten. He is the most loving, sweet boy (he weighs 7.5 kilos - though he is not fat - he is just so big!) If I call him he comes running like a dog! If I tell him to sit he sits, if I need to take him to the vet I just open his basket and he jumps right in. Je has never bitten me and never scratched me.

Sounds like heaven right?

The only problem is he is very very clingy! He waits for me at the bottom of the driveway until I get home from work and then follows me everywhere. I cant even go to the loo without him scratching and yeowling at the door. If I sit he sits on my lap with his paws over one of my shoulders.

While I am cooking he has to sit on the counter while I prepare the food and while I cook. He just looks at me through half closed eyes and purrs his heart out and he paws the counter. If I reach anywhere near him he headbutts my hand for a scratch behind the ears and If I shoo him off the counter he stands on his hind legs and claws my pants of skirt and meows

When I sleep he has to lie on my back or my chest or he lies in between myself and my fiance - head facing me, bum facing him and he literally stretches and pushes us apart. If my fiance kicks him off the bed he jumps back on the bed and wees on him!

He is very jealous - if I touch another one of our cats (we have 3 females and another male) he attacks them - but If I am not around he is fine with them - even snuggles up with them!

If we go out for the evening when we come back he will sit near us but with his back to us and his ears pressed down and back - sulking!

Whats up with my cat??

Dear Mommy

I'm not surprised that your cat behaves this way as you are spoiling him rotten. Firstly I feel sorry for your fiance. Sound like you and your cat are ruling the household. Kick him out of the bedroom and close the door. To get him over this stressfull bit plug in a Feliway diffuser and things should settle down.