Question
Posted by: F | 2006/10/31

Cat (Breed - Birman) vomiting hairballs

Hi All
My male cat who is going to be 2 years old in December and has medium length hair and has been vomiting hairballs almost every second day for the last month. There is some liquid which is brownish in color and then the hairball. He eats the Iams hairball formula during the day and for supper he gets either fancy feast/friskies sachets/chicken/mince - as per the breeders instructions. He gets a bath once a month as well and I comb him twice a week. I have been told that this is normal because of the shedding due to the heat Gauteng has been experiencing but I am starting to worry. Has anybody else experienced this as well ?

Try grooming daily to get rid of more loose hair. You can also use some laxative that will help him pass the hair balls.

2
Posted by: F | 2006/11/02

Thanks Buffs. I took him to the vet anyway and the vet said that he is perfectly healthy.

Reply to F
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/10/31

finally something i can comment on!

i have a cat who has short hair but the problem is she grooms everyone (other 6 cats) so she gets alot of hair balls.

I give her tuna in a little oil (drain a lot of it off) and that helps alot.

Just normal tuna you buy in the supermarket, she loves it and it helps

Reply to Buffs