Question
Posted by: anon | 2007/03/05

CAT

Hi Doc or any one else that might help.

My very good friend passed away on friday evening. His addiction was CAT - maybe Coke, or both.

I am shattered.

He was clean for approx 2 months, then last week wednesday went on a bender. Friday afternoon he wasn't feeling well at work, went to lay down in his car and never woke up.
They found his curled dead body in his car still idleing.
What happened. I have read about CAT but have never heard of fatalities. I am not naive and know that any drug can be fatal. But i just need in detail what exactly it does to lead to death. Do you think he died in his sleep, was he in pain. Did his heart fail, or what. The body is still under investigation so nothing has been released as yet.

I dont know alot about this drug, just know that my heart is broken.

Very sad, but ALL street drugs are dangerous and can cause death --- and of course because they are illicit you can NEVER know what actually is in the stuff you're taking --- if might not have been CAT at all, or not only CAT. The answers to your concerns about how he died will only be answered after the investigation. And as Joe says, people never know if they might have an underlying medical codition that makes any particular drug more dangerous for them

1
Posted by: Joe | 2007/03/05

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. I am a almost regular user myself and have not heard about anyone dying of it. Maybe he had an underlying condition that flared up with regular use.

Just know that he is in a better place where no drugs can ever bring him down again. Its a huge loss, but keep strong

Reply to Joe