Posted by: Wilma | 2012/04/10


I have been suffering from the above for several yrs now and the symptoms have gone from bad to worse  the base of my thumbs also pain a lot and feel stiff and weak. Would this be from the CTS or something else (Arthritis perhaps) Should I see a GP or an Orthopaedic Surgeon? Thankyou

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You will have to consult an orthopaedic surgeon for a surgical release of the pressure inside the carpal tunnel. It is a small operation and will definately alleviate your symptoms.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: sumaira | 2012/05/02

Pretty simply hetlah care is more than extremely expensive. Just routine testing which should be done on a yearly basis is very necessary in preventative care and at the same time very expense without hetlah care insurance coverage. I work in a Laboratory and do the billing. It''s incredible! Even if you have a hetlah care plan that requires such things as deductibles and co pays and employee contribution, it still is worth every penny when you are ill and need medical treatment. Of course there are a ton of variety of plans out there that cater to different needs. Therefore it is always wise to do your research if your employer gives you options in hetlah care plans to choose from.

Reply to sumaira

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.