Question
Posted by: Spokie | 2003/03/05

Carpal tunnel

I had a carpal tunnel release two months ago. Is it normal for my hand to still sometimes experience pain? (I work with a computer mouse 8 hours a day)
Thanks a lot!

Spokie, it’s not normal, but I suppose it’s possible especially if you started using your hand too soon after the operation. You can try taking a long acting anti-inflammatory like Brexecam® once a day for ten days and see what happens. If it doesn’t clear up you will have to see the doctor that did the operation again. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Concerned | 2003/03/05

Hi spokie,

My husband had the same operation on both hands early last year. He is a motor mechanic and uses his hands alot !! It took him about 4 months before all the pain and tingling was totaly gone.

So, unless the doc has something to say, I'd just hang in there for a while.

Reply to Concerned