Question
Posted by: Vee | 2005/07/18

Career Advise

Hi All
Please could someone give me some advise. I am a 25 year old female and live in Durban. I have a degree in marketing and am currently working in admin / client services. I am battling to find a job in my field that I studied in. I feel like I am not getting anywhere or achieving anything and that really upsests me. I feel very discouraged. I need to feel positive again about finding a job that I spent so long studied towards. Can anyone make any suggestions for me ?

,,,,,

3
Posted by: Vee | 2005/07/18

Thanks everyone. I just feel really lost and pretty much despondent with the whole situaton. I have been working for 3 years and just cant get a break. Companies want experience but no one is willing to give the necessary break to get that experience!!! Does anyone know if it is better in joburg than durban? Does anyone know any places / placement companies that i could contact?

Reply to Vee
Posted by: Sister Zazi | 2005/07/18

Hi there i think we are on the same boat coz i also have a ND in Marketing Management and im also not working as a marketer or anything like what i did at Tech. I am working for a small company its been 10 months now as a secretary i do work because i cant just sit at home but i think our jobs will come eventually and we will enjoy it. To tell the truth im not enjoying anthing but lets just hang in there. Time will tell my dear. The salary its a disaster my dear

Reply to Sister Zazi
Posted by: Dee | 2005/07/18

I understand your frustration.Did you know Tokyo Sexwale earned 2500 rand pm as a PRO in 1990 and he was 35.Look at him now.Dont give up.I also studied journalism its still my 1st love but I know a break will come but in the meantime I can take whatever comes,its also job experience

Reply to Dee