Question
Posted by: PRP | 2007/12/15

Cardio@home

hi there

Well...i am a bit frustrated, because the gym that i go to is closing for the holidays until beginning January. I have an Orbitrek, but i prefer doing interval training on the treadmill....i have no choice now, as i like to run or early morning or early evening and im aware of safety issues (regarding running outside). Would i be able to increase my fitness by going on the orbitrek for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening (i dont feel 30 minutes a day is enough).

I really want to increase my VO2MAX as i have to do a bleep test early next year (late feb-early march).

Thanks for your help again!

Hi PRP

You could simply swap your treadmill training onto the Orbitrek. Not sure exactly what you do on the treadmill, but a straight switch is probably the way to go. You won't have the same ability to monitor the pace and so forth, but if you listen to your body and alternate hard and easy according to your perception, you'll probably be close to the same kind of session.

The other thing you might do is find someone to run with - it's easier now, over the Christmas break, because people don't have work as the excuse. So perhaps you can twist an arm or two and get some company and then run in the morning.

I think you should aim for the next 2 weeks to be maintenance, not improving fitness. It's almost impossible to get fitter anyway, because your body enters "holiday" mode and it does probably need a break, mentally more than physically. So I would actually say you should try to maintain, so that as long as you don't LOSE fitness, you hit 2008 at a good speed!

Ross

1
Posted by: KJSA | 2008/01/08

HAVE YOU TRIED OUT KANGOO JUMPS, . www kangoojumps co za

Reply to KJSA