Posted by: HIPS | 2008/08/19

Which type of excercize will I benefit from the most if my goal is to loose weight. I have 40minutes a day, 5 days a week in which I can excersize. I see on these biggest looser programmes, that the people do cardio and weight training but I' m sure they have unlimitited hours in a day in which they can do all these different excercises. With my limited time? How do I split up the time between cardio and weight or should I concentrate on one, if so, which one.

Dear Hips
Cardio exercises use up the most energy and therefore contribute the most to weightloss. Working with weights will on the other hand firm up slack muscles and give you a svelte body. If you have limited time available, then do 30 min cardio and 10 min weights per day.

Posted by: Jean | 2008/08/19

Hi there. I know cardio is best to loos weight (bike, running, skipping, swimming) and they also say that mussel burns fat. and so weight training can not be bad for u. just remember that u can not do weight training every night. u have to do one day and skip the other (so weights only every 2de day) so work out a program for yourself. one day u do all the cardio and the other u do maybe 20min cardio and 20min weights.
good luck i hope this helps.

Reply to Jean