Question
Posted by: cardio bunny | 2004/01/13

cardio and cardio

I would like to know what the difference between a cardioworkout, and cardioexercise, as a fitness instructor has told me that the cardioexercise burns more fat after you workout than cardioworkout - can you explain the difference

I have no idea what this means - only the fitness instructor does. If I was to guess, I would have said that a cardio workout consists of many types of cardio exercises. So, the main focus of your training might be cardio, in which case it is a cardioworkout, and within this training session, you would perhaps run, cycle, use the orbitrainer etc. which are all cardio exercises. What the trainer meant when they said you burn more fat after cardioexercise is beyond me. I have a feeling that they may be getting mixed up between weight training and cardio training, and could possibly mean that a cardioworkout is something like circuit training, or weight training, but i really am guessing at someone else's thoughts here.

Sorry I can't be more help, but I would like to know the difference myself.