Question
Posted by: Sanki | 2007/03/14

Carbohydrate and Proteins

I would like to know which Carbohydrates I must avoid and the kind of high protein foods I must eat. I have a BMI of 34 and WHR of 1.05 which is way above the required limit. I'm into Aerobics and other exercise at the Gym but I don't see much progress.

Please advice, I need to have the enrgy to do my demanding job and study for my Masters Degree.

Regards,

Sanki

Dear Sanki
If you need energy for your demanding job and studies and aerobics and want to lose weight, then you need to cut out FAT (37 kJ/gram) and NOT carbohydrate (16 kJ/gram - quite a difference). Try an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), rather than a high-protein diet which may also be high in fat. Carbs are the best fuel for human energy and they are not fattening, provided you don't smother them in fat (butter, margarine, sour cream, salad dressing, mayonnaise, etc). So try the low-fat diet and see if you don't start losing weight - this diet also contains more than enough low-fat proteins.
Keep up the good work with the exercise

1
Posted by: Sanki | 2007/03/14

Reply to Sanki