Posted by: JC | 2010/11/10

Cant take it anymore

For two months now I have a rushing noise in my right ear. I have always suffered with ear infections but no matter how often I use drops, the fluid is not disappearing. I dont want to lose my hearing or anything, what can I do to clear it up?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear JC

You need an examination o the ear, including examination of the tympanic membrane, in order to establish the cause for your condition. If you have fluid behind the eardrum, using eardrops would be a waste of time, and will not cure the problem. In that case you would require systemic treatment (tabletts or pills). If the problem is from the inner ear, you would perhaps require an audiogram (hearing test) to give further insight into the management options. If treatment does not work, one should question the diagnosis, or the treatment. It may be that the problem has changed, and therefore would require different management.
Your GP could examine the ear, and refer you to an ENT if necessary.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.