Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2008/02/04

Cant stop eating

Hi There!I think i have a huge problem,i just cant seem to stop eating.I was usually a picky person and wouldnt just eat anything but now il eat everything and anything(ok just about)
Im 24F weigh 54 - iv picked up about 10 kg in the last few months.
Im not pregnant and not taking any pills of the sort.

All i ever do lately is eat.Iv tried eating a fruit whenever i thought about having a packet of chips or chocolate but i just end up eating more.Junk food,mac D,KFC,Nandos u name it im eating it everyday.
I try to excercise and diet but it only lasts for that day.
I'v also now have a very painfull back which makes me not excercise.
PLS PLS help!

Dear Kelly
I can't really judge if you are overweight or not because you don't mention your height in metres so that I can work out your BMI. 54 kg is not heavy, so even if you have gained 10 kg your weight may still be well within the normal level. You may be overeating as a result of psychological problems (anxiety or depression), so if this should be the case then I would recommend that you consult a clinical psychologist so that you can determine what is driving you to seek comfort in food all of a sudden. This could also be a reaction to being too thin in the past??