Question
Posted by: justme | 2004/01/21

cant lose my kilo!!!

I know thios sounds obscene - but i have one more kilo to shed! and it just wont come off. I lead a relatively inactive lifestyle in that I work in front of a computer monitor all day - but excercise 30 mins 3 times a week. I am 48kg - small frame - lite bone structure, 156cm tall, and 25years old. I have been sticking to 900-1000 cals a day for a few weeks - what am I doing wrong???

Dear Reader
Seeing that your present BMI = 19,8, which is already way below your ideal BMI of 22 for which you would need to weigh 53 kg, your body is sensibly resisting your attempts to starve it and reduce its weight to unrealistic levels. It is not desirable to force your body to lose weight when you are already bordering on underweight. Stop dieting and start doing some exercise like going for brisk walks - this will make you feel much fitter and firm up your body.
Take care