Question
Posted by: carole | 2007/11/29

cant loose weight

I am overweight and have been battling to loose it. I have had thyroid tests ect and everthing is ok. I go to gym 3 times a week and use my health walker for 25 on the days i am not at gym. I try to eat healthy - I am by no means a big eater, dont eat fatty and fried foods ect. But what ever i do i cant loose the weight.
I have a piturity tumor but my doctor says it should not play a role in my weight, but other people say yes. I have been to dietisions ect, no weight loss, i am at cross roads now I actually have people calling me names and I cant handle it pls help.

Dear Carole
I am sorry to hear that you are struggling so much to lose weight. I can only suggest that you try something like Xenical or a gastric bypass operation to stop the weight gain if nothing else is working. Xenical is a real fat-trapper. It prevents the body from absorbing any fat in the diet, thus reducing your energy intake considerably. It has to be used with a very-low-fat diet, because the fat passes straight out of the body and can cause 'accidents'. So anyone who uses Xenical must cut out practically all fat from the diet. Discuss its use with your dr and also ask him/ her about the option of a gastric bypass for which he/she would have to refer you to a surgeon who does these ops.
Hang in there