Question
Posted by: Carmen | 2007/06/09

Cant hold food down

It seems that every time my boyfriend eats something he cannot seem to hold it down. It usually takes no longer than 5 minutes for him to feel sick after a meal. He has mentioned that he had this same problem when he was a child. Any ideas what this could be??

Dear Carmen
It is difficult to say why your boyfriend gets nauseous after eating. This could be due to a wide variety of physical or psychological conditions. Physical conditions include ulcers, gastritis, gallbladder disease, food allergies, etc. I would urge him to have a medical checkup so that the dr can make a diagnosis and prescribe the correct treatment if this reaction is due to physiological causes. If on the other hand, your boyfriend feels nauseous after eating because of anxiety or stress, the dr will refer him for treatment to a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist.
Do encourage your boyfriend to seek expert help ASAP.
I hope you can find out what is causing this condition.