Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2004/01/05

Cant get Better after Flu

I had flu about 2 weeks ago. I stayed home in bed for 3 days with Corenza and vit C. But my problem is that i can get 100% better. I still have the fluey tired sore muscles feeling. I wake up with a sore throat and feel quite weak. I am taking a daily multivitamin and minerals. Do you think a Vit B Shot will help? What can I do besides take a antibiotic?

Tammy, it might be that it’s more than the flu and that you need to take antibiotics to get better. If it is just the flu, the best would be to rest and to make sure that you take enough liquids. It should then clear up by itself within the next week or so.

1
Posted by: Marcelle | 2004/01/05

Hi Tammy
I am not a Dr. but i have had the same this year. I the flu with coughing for about 2 months!! You need to be patient, the flu's are getting more resistant to medicine. You need to take it easy and keep on taking your vitamins and eating healthy. I don't think one shot will fix you, I think you need ongoing vit B to help your immune system. I found a something called Aminamino - it tastes horrible but does give energy and is only vitamins and amino acids. It helped me get better. I have continued taking it. I hope you get better soon. But see a doctor if it persists - don't wait too long.

Reply to Marcelle