Posted by: Bambi | 2008/08/21

Cant donate (blood doesn' t flow)

Hi There,

I' m a little concerned because i just tried donating blood and was UNSUCCESSFUL because my blood didn' t want to flow out to the little bag. When they took the needle out to try on the other side, the blood was flowing quite nicely and we had to put pressure for about 2 minutes to get it to stop.

The other arm provided even less blood and then they said that i had poor veins because they were definitely in the veins and the blood was not coming out.

I' m afraid that it may be sign that i need to get checked out. I' m 34, do step aerobics 3 times a week.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Posted by: P | 2008/08/21

They stuck the needle right through the vein.

Reply to P
Posted by: Bambi | 2008/08/21

Reply to Bambi
Posted by: Admin | 2008/08/21

Thank you for writing to Health24, Bambi - we have posted this question on CyberDoc - keep an eye out for the reply.

Reply to Admin