Posted by: bernie | 2008/09/25

cant carry on

Hi CS about a week ago i planned suicide but my shrink and my religon stopped me in time the thing is i cant keep this up i feel very suicidal today and i dont know how to stop myself, i probably shouldnt be talking about it but i dont actually want to die, I' m exhausted and i just cant keep this up i dont want to tell my shrink because i feel i' ll disappoint her and i cant do that to her please help me

Sorry to hear you came to feel so hopelsss, but I'm pleased to hear your shrink and your religion stopped you from taking this awful step, which is NOT justifiable or wise, though I understand that when one is deeply depressed it may SEEM so. Call Lifeline, and call your shrink URGENTLY. I know that you don't actually want to die --- its mopre that you don't want to carry on living just LIKE THIS --- so the solution is to work even more energetically to change the "like this", rather than the living part of that equation.
Now, don't allow yourself to use the excuse of not wanting to disappoint your shrink, or "I can't do that to her" --- tell her how bad you feel, and she will be comforted to know that you are sensible and appreciative enough to turn to her in times of crisis. You think that discovering that you harmed yourself and didn't call her will be LESS disappointing or hurtful to her ? Call her ; see her, and save yourself --- you deserve that

Posted by: jimbo | 2008/09/26

bernie thanks for speaking to nikki ...i really hope it will help her for you if you need to talk to someone just go on theres always someone listening .....

Reply to jimbo
Posted by: JIMBO | 2008/09/25

hey bernie why not turn your situation into a good one on this page no 1880 nikki has a problem with her husband he like you has intentions of suicide why not go to her site and try to comfort or give her advice maybe just maybe you could help her husband from doing something that you really dont want to do ...comon bernie give it a go please see if you can help nikie she has kids and stands alone at the moment ...god will guide you .

Reply to JIMBO
Posted by: Maria | 2008/09/25

Bernie, talk to your shrink, that' s what she' s there for. You don' t want to die, you said so yourself, so do what you need to do in order to live! Your shrink would much rather talk to you than attend your funeral. Pick up the phone and call her. If you can' t get hold of her straight away, call Lifeline:0861 322 322. Be kind to yourself. Life can be a whole lot better.

Reply to Maria

Hey Bernie!

We don' t know what the problem is but you have to be strong.Last year my brother past away at the age 26 from meningitis he always said God never puts something on you,you cannot live your life to the fullest.

Be strong!

Posted by: Faithfull | 2008/09/25

Dear Bernie,

I may not know the exact reason as to why you would want to do something like to yourself but it' s at times like these were one needs to be strong. I' m glad that that your shrink and most importantly your religion stopped you from doing something so silly. Imagine that you did infact go ahead with your plans, what then? Were do you think you would be right now? You wouldn' t be with God, thats for sure. He will never want you to do something like that. Remeber that God will never ever put you in a situatiopn that you can' t handle. God knows you can handle it. Believe in yourself. So whatever trials you may be going through now know that God knows that you can go through it with His help. Be strong Bernie, have faith, be prayerfull and you will be fine.

Reply to Faithfull