Question
Posted by: james a. | 2008/06/17

cannot concentrate

Hi there. Basically, here's the problem: Now and then, a memory flashes into my mind. This is just for a second, but troubles me. The memory will not be like a normal memory. It is strong and sudden and, almost or completely, impedes my conscious awareness. I used to think that bad memories were shooting into my conscious mind so I could resolve them, but the memories are varied - good, bad, other. Then, I wondered if I was not delusional (had something like bipolar disorder), but the memories are genuine. These are things which have indeed happened in my life. I seem to be fit and healthy, and do not get headaches or blackouts, and I take various vitamins and minerals at their correct dosage; and yet nothing seems to help. I have fought this for so long now and it's getting me down... Thanks for your help, James.

Dear James
This may be "flashbacks" and I think you should see a psycologist or psychiatrist for a proper evaluation to see if you need treatment as this is often a symptom of post traumatic stress syndrome or severe anxiety.